When a beloved senior citizen in your life starts to show signs that they need additional care, figuring out how to manage their needs can feel overwhelming. You don’t want to compromise their independence, but sometimes they need assistance to thrive. Home care services is one way to bridge the gap between seniors living comfortably and independently in their homes and seniors moving to an assisted care or similar facility. By and large, seniors seem to prefer to stay in their homes.
HOME CARE AT ITS FINEST
When Is It Time for Home Care Services?
Signs It Is Time to Consider Home Care Services
There are many telltale signs that a senior citizen may not be able to take care of their own needs independently:
- An increase in their care needs from familial caregivers
- Difficulty grooming themselves and maintaining personal hygiene
- New or worsening health issues
- An unsteady gait and/or balance problems
- They are recovering from a serious illness or injury
- They can no longer drive safely
- They struggle to feed themselves and do not eat regular meals
- They feel lonely or isolated
While other signs may present, these are some of the primary indications that their daily needs exceed their capabilities.
At home care services provide your beloved senior the support they need, when they need it. These services may help seniors combat loneliness and increase social contact, ensure that they are well-nourished and taking medications appropriately, offer assistance with light chores and personal hygiene, and much more. This is the kind of care-- and quality of life-- that every senior deserves.
How Home Care Services Can Help
Home care services help senior clients in a variety of ways, tailored to the specific and unique needs of each client. They provide vital care and attention while maintaining the client’s independence, in the comfort of their own home.
Home care services include:
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Incontinence care and toileting
- Light housekeeping
- Grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Stroke or surgery aftercare
- Geriatric care
- Live-in care
The range of services offered by Collier Home Care (CHC) give your loved one the independence they crave along with reducing loneliness, ensuring their safety and hygiene, assisting with their mental health needs, assuring that they are taking prescribed medications and eating well, and much more.
The Benefits of Having an At-Home Caregiver
Enlisting the services of an at-home caregiver offers many benefits to your senior, in addition to putting family members and friends at ease. As your senior citizen is their #1 priority, your at-home caregiver offers numerous benefits, including:
- Maintenance of important social and family connections
- Continuity of their lifestyle
- Improved health by assisting with vitals, medication reminding, home exercise program, etc.
- A personalized care plan tailored to their needs
- Care provided in the comfort of their own home
- Individualized, one-on-one care
- Companionship, to combat the loneliness that many seniors living alone may feel
- Minimized exposure to seasonal medical concerns, like influenza and pneumonia, and non-seasonal concerns, like COVID-19
- Customizable, scalable hours
- Maintenance of independence and dignity
- More affordable care than an assisted care facility or nursing home
Most senior citizens prefer to age in their homes, surrounded by memories of the lives that they built. Working with an at-home caregiver gives your senior the opportunity to do just that while enjoying a variety of benefits they may not expect from such a relationship. Collier Home Care can match you with an affordable, experienced at-home caregiver suitable for your beloved senior and their lifestyle.
Contact Collier Home Care today.